20081221

Art and Tentacles

I think that glass is one of the most versatile, beautiful and expressive mediums for art. Glass is particularly adept at interpreting nature - see the work of Louis Comfort Tiffany, particularly his floriform vases.

Both Tiffany, and one of my modern glass favorites, Dale Chihuly, have works in the Victoria and Albert Museum of decorative arts in London. Chihuly made the fabulous, tentacled chandelier on display in the lobby.


Big surprise that the Tentacle Blogger Girl (that would be yours truly) likes this stuff, eh?

Anyhow.

I was reminded of it when I saw this recent video of siphonophores - deep sea, colony organisms that appear to function as one creature.




Coincidence? I think not.

Chilhuly? Or CTHULHU?

As usual, Pink Tentacle's got the full story on the undersea adventurer.

No comments: